Menu

by harleyman » 2013-06-05 07:38:30 #7999

A couple had two little boys, ages 8 and 10, who were excessively mischievous. They were always getting into trouble and their parents knew that, if any mischief occurred in their town, their sons were probably involved. The mother of the two boys heard that a clergyman in town had been successful in disciplining children, so she asked if he would speak with her boys. The clergyman agreed, but asked to see them individually. So the mother sent her 8-year-old first, in the morning, with the older boy to see the clergyman in the afternoon. The clergyman, a huge man with a booming voice, sat the younger boy down and asked him sternly, "Where is God? The mouth of the boy dropped open, but he made no response, sitting there with his mouth hanging open, wide-eyed. So the clergyman repeated the question in an even sterner tone, "Where is God!!?" Again the boy made no attempt to answer. So the clergyman raised his voice even more and shook his finger in the face of the boy and bellowed, "WHERE IS GOD!?" The boy screamed and bolted from the room, ran directly home and dove into his closet, slamming the door behind him. When his older brother found him in the closet, he asked, "What happened?" The youngest brother gasped for breath and replied, "We are in BIG trouble this time dude. God is missing and they think WE did it!" tongue

by zaphod » 2013-06-05 07:39:50 #8000

This joke is from about 1928. There were small cities mostly populated by Jews in White Rusia and the Ukraine. One day a handbill was posted in a city announcing that the only living Jewish tight rope walker will give a performance on Sunday at 2 PM at the town hall, admittance by donation. By 2PM on Sunday a sizeable number of spectators assembles at the hall. Two helpers erect two masts and assemble a cable between them, while a third goes around with a hat to collect donations. Then a ladder is leaned against one of the masts. A few minutes later an old Jew enters leaning on a cane and with shuffling steps goes to the ladder and addresses the spectators: " I am Itzik the only living Jewish tight rope walker. Now if you want I shall mount the ladder and try to walk across that cable. I am not very steady on my feet and might fall down and break my neck and there will not be anymore Jewish tight rope walker. Do you really want me to do it?" All respond: "No, no don't do it!". "Very well", says the old Jew. "Go home and at 8 PM will be next performance."

by harleyman » 2013-06-05 07:44:43 #8001

@zaphod that was a good one. tongue

by zaphod » 2013-06-05 07:56:05 #8002

Thank you. Now if we just could as easily make 130, we would be celebrated more, as low score is valued more than scoring with jokes.

by harleyman » 2013-06-05 08:01:37 #8003

How true, how true.

by harleyman » 2013-06-05 10:12:04 #8004

WTG @zaphod, you have your star !! Can you tell me the key to your sucess? tongue

by zaphod » 2013-06-05 10:24:29 #8005

I wrote it out on Chat. I followed @alex&max as I played similarly as him. I first agreed with him and brought 9H and 5D down. Then I noticed that the 9H is not needed and in the end I played all cards up on the Asses and it turned out "miraculously" to be 130. I later improved my time from 3 to 2:17. Without your and KoH's encouragement I would not however reached it. Good luck and you can also do it!

by zaphod » 2013-06-05 10:29:58 #8006

I just came across this one: I career girl's mind moves her ahead, a chorus girl's mind moves her behind.

by harleyman » 2013-06-05 11:06:58 #8007

Awesome @zaphod !! tongue

by zaphod » 2013-06-05 12:06:22 #8008

An other one for the road: "Why don't the rivers in France overflow?'" "Because the water on all rivers is l'eau!"

by zaphod » 2013-06-05 12:07:26 #8009

Pity for the apostrophe. It kills the punchline.

by harleyman » 2013-06-05 12:25:12 #8010

Yes, that is why I do not use them on this site. Well buddy I am still at 131. It seems like my counter is not accurate. At the very end of the run, I have two cards left and it counts three moves and that is why 131 and not 130. It really angers me, and I know it should not, but it does.

by harleyman » 2013-06-05 14:46:50 #8011

Finally figured it out, now to relax and wait for the game tomorrow.

by zaphod » 2013-06-05 14:41:39 #8012

Thank you for sharing your pain and triumph. Regarding this site. May be starting some limericks some could be induced to post also; Here is one to start: There was a man in Nantucket. who kept all his money in a bucket, but his daughter Nan, she ran away with a man, and as for the bucket, Nantucket

by harleyman » 2013-06-05 15:48:50 #8013

Yes, limericks are always amusing. tongue

by harleyman » 2013-06-05 15:49:51 #8014

A little woman called Mount Sinai Hospital. She said, "Hello, darling, I would like to talk with the person who gives the information regarding your patients. But, I do not want to know if the patient is getting better, or doing like expected, or worse. I want to know all the information from top to bottom, from A to Z! The voice on the other end of the line said, "That is a very unusual request....What is the name of the patient and room number? She said, "Yes, darling! I would like to know the information about Sarah Finkel, in Room 302." He said;Finkel, Finkel. Let me see. Feinberg, Farber, Finkel.Oh, yes. Mrs. Finkel is doing very well. In fact, she has had two full meals, her blood pressure is fine, her blood work just came back as normal, she is going to be taken off the heart monitor in a couple of hours and if she continues this improvement, Dr. Cohen is going to send her home Tuesday at twelve." The woman said, Oh thank God! That is wonderful! Oh, thank God! Her test came back normal; she is getting off the heart machine in a couple of hours you say. Oh! That is fantastic, darling! And she is being released tomorrow at twelve! I am so happy to hear that! That is wonderful news! The man on the phone said, from your enthusiasm, I take it you must be a close family member or a very close friend! She said, "What close family or friend? I am Sarah Finkel in 302! Cohen my doctor tells me nothing." tongue

by harleyman » 2013-06-06 17:18:53 #8015

A goober was constantly complaining about how everywhere she touched her body, it hurt. Her grandma told her to go and see a doctor. Once there, the goober explained to the doctor how everywhere she touched, it hurt. She said, "If I touch here, it hurts, if I touch my arm, it hurts, if I touch my foot, it hurts. No matter where I touch, it hurts! The doctor gave her a complete physical and then delivered his findings. Her finger was broken. tongue

by zaphod » 2013-06-06 09:34:35 #8016

I can't tell you the reason, but suddenly I remembered this joke. The president of the telephone company called in two workers after he received a call from an upset old maid who complained that his workers were using foul language. The workman says: " I was on the top of the pole and accidentally dropped hot lead on my partner, and unfortunately it went down his neck. He looked up at me and said: " Really George, you must be more careful with that hot lead!",

by harleyman » 2013-06-06 09:58:40 #8017

Leave it to an "old maid" to foul things up. tongue

by zaphod » 2013-06-06 10:09:13 #8018

Ha Ha!