Menu

by helen b » 2007-12-03 13:43:23 #5578

Greetings from Wales.

Just wandered into the the thread after Strawb, and thought I would introduce my self properly. You all have love stories to tell and I just thought I d share mine. As you know my name is Helen, I am 34 years young and live n Pembrokeshire.

I work for a retail company parttime, but at the moment Im recovering from a pinned ankle, which I did whilst in work.

In my hometime and when I am mobile, I breed and show welsh ponies and cobs with my mum. We have 15 ponies at home that we look after and produce for sale and for the showring. Hence the avatar, one of my favourites, Blaengwawr Bossy Boots. We have 2 dogs called Molly (who is with pup at the mo,b(eautiful labs) and a little K C Spaniel called Chloe who is 6 months old and really naughty. I live on a small farm a couple of miles from the sea and I really enjoy the beaches.

My gaming is incessant but one I go to back to work I m sure I will slow up. Anyways, thank you for putting up with me. Regards, Helen

by helen b » 2007-12-03 13:46:19 #5579

Errr, I meant lovely stories,not love stories!!!plus many other typos!!

by Christina » 2007-12-04 15:23:27 #5580

Well. I'm sure most of you have noticed that i have jumped right into the conversation and nobody knows anything about me or where i come from, so let me do this properly smile

My Name is Christina, i'm 21 years old, i am a single Mom to be and very excited about it. I live in the Toronto area in Canada. I play Solitaire from work 5 days a week! I"m not the best at this game, my times average around 2:30sec.. and my moves are always high. I just like being able to finish the game with a decent time.

It is winter here now, and there has been so much snow in the past week! The most snow we've had in December in years. Makes me think about all the times i had as a little kid building snow men and snow forts! I look forward to becoming a kid again with my own little one! Won't be for a few more years tho.!

I am so very happy to have stumbled upon this site, and look forward to playing many more gamse with all of you!

Seasons Greeting from Canada!

Christina

by Dee » 2007-12-08 17:19:50 #5581

Hi everyone!
Wishing everyone a most Blessed Holiday in your Faith. I am just getting over a severe cold, I guess my imuiene system is down from all the work that I've done in working with crafts for our church Christmas Bazaar! We earned over $2,300. And it will help to "keep the lights on." We also donated to the families in need as our church makes 50 turkey food baskets for Christmas.

I did very little decorating this year as I feel so worn out! But my mantle is lovely with the Holy Family and I decorated a small tree for Molly! It has all of my minerature Hallmark ornaments on it and it's adorable! I made Christmas cards for Molly's friends that has her picture with her in her Santa hat and necklace and she even sent one to the S.P.C.A. with a gift and a thank you for saving her life. She has become soo very affectionate and is the new love in my life.

I've decided to make homemade meat filled ravioli and marinara sauce for Christmas dinner. We will complete it with spinach salad, warm Italian bread, wine and homemade chocolate eclair's and lemon mergiue pie for dessert. I'll send out my Christmas cards next week and then get busy making the ravioli and freeze them.

Welcome to all our wonderful new solitaire friends...we love your sense of humor and your sharing. Til later!

by Dee » 2007-12-09 11:43:45 #5582

Ohhh! I forgot to tell you that I ordered 1st class postage from photostamps.com, of Molly in her Santa hat with her bell necklace! They came in the mail today and they turned out adorable! She is just sooooooooo spoiled! Til later!

by Emma40 » 2007-12-20 18:12:45 #5583

Hello, i'm new to this site and I think my purpose is to make you all look better than you ever have before. I really am bad at this game but I find I love it. I am 47 singel/seperated hoping to be divorced soon with three wonderful sons, 24, 17 & 16. I live in new Brunswick Canada, thank goodness I bought myself a new snowblower week before last, its called the brute and bigger than me.

I have been home on a disabiity for almost three years and I haven't spent alot of time out and about. It has been really nice following all the chatter on this site, I really enjoy it.

Ummm, I have two dogs, CHloe and Sophie Shitzu's and apparently incharge of the household. We have a new little kitten that we thought was a girl "Kit" but turned out to be a little boy "Chief". I love to garden and planted a rose garden last year, I can't wait to see how it fairs over the winter. I hope you all have a Happy Holiday!

by oceanstar2 » 2007-12-20 09:37:57 #5584

Welcome Emma40! Hope you have as much fun on this site as I do. Everyone here is great and the chat is the best part, I thinksmile So, welcome aboard! and Happy Holidays to you to and your family.

by Dee » 2007-12-25 12:13:43 #5585

A funny Christmas story!....Here's how to get what you want for Christmas with out spending any of YOUR money!! A couple of months ago, our Son showed up at the house and said he wanted to ask for something but if we said no, he completely understood. He said he and his wife will be celebrating their 25th anniversary in April 08 and he wanted to get her a diamond ring for Christmas and wanted to know if he could have"an advance on his inheritance." I thought I was hearing things because I never heard of your child asking for such a thing, but he was dead serious. He wanted a special diamond ring for his wife and knew that this was the only way he could get it. I told him that his Dad and I would talk it over and let him know. His Dad was just as surprised as I was with the request. Seeing that we have a wonderful Son and Daughter in law and our Son has never asked for anything from us in the almost 25 years that he has been married, we said yes and told him he could spend up to $3,000. He invited me to go shopping with him and chose a beautiful ring. A wonderful Christmas for everyone! Just be careful what your children ask for, even after they leave home!!!! Merry Christmas everyone!!! Dee

by Di » 2007-12-28 14:35:16 #5586

Hello, I've been playing solitaire on this site for a few months, but only registered a couple of weeks ago. My name's Dianne, I'm Australian but live in Abu Dhabi in THe United Arab Emirates. I teach English as a second language here. I'm married with 3 kids.

Enough about me, You all (y'all!) seem like friendly people with interesting lives. It will be fun getting to know you through solitaire. smile

by Dee » 2007-12-29 12:51:12 #5587

Welcome Dianne...Sounds like you have an interesting and perhaps challenging job. Keep in touch!

by Di » 2007-12-29 08:41:09 #5588

Hi Dee, yes it is interesting and challenging, but after reading the forum, I don't think I'm anywhere near as busy as you! wink

by Dee » 2007-12-29 17:11:47 #5589

I do keep busy...some of it is good therapy for me to keep my legs "moving." I am now getting geared up for our 1st craft guild class in the New Year on January 16th. While we are still celebrating Christmas, I have to think of Spring crafts for our Spring Craft Show in April!!

by Di » 2007-12-31 13:40:57 #5590

Dee, you've inspired me. A friend and I are starting a little craft group here. I've been saying for ages that I need a hobby, now I have one! Thanks!

Happy New Year everyone

by Dee » 2007-12-31 16:04:26 #5591

Dianne, that's wonderful! If you would like to see some of the crafts that we've made, go to our web site: www.bethanycraftguild.com I usually update it weekly.

by Di » 2008-01-02 07:21:35 #5592

Dee, how quickly our world can be turned upside down. Often if we say too much in these situations, and we say the wrong thing, so please just know our thoughts and heartfelt prayers are with you and your family.

by Di » 2008-01-02 07:23:51 #5593

by Dee » 2008-01-15 10:06:02 #5594

Craft Guild starts up again for the New Year on Wednesday. I have a few new craft ideas in mind and am counting on my team to also come up with some. Truthfully, I am not really up to the task, I am in a slump, so hopefully once we get together, that will change.

We have a new store in town called the "Christmas Tree Shop" and they have everything for all the year round holidays, and so very much more. Their prices are unbelievable and there is no way that we can even make the items for the price that they are selling them, let alone make a profit. So the pressure is on to make unusual items that you won't find in a store. Ugh!...the pressure! We also will not be making any Easter items, as Easter is March 23rd this year and there is no time to make all our crafts and include Easter items, so we will have our Spring Bazaar in April. The Lord has Blessed this group so far, and we will have to believe that He will Continue to do so!

by chilliemander » 2008-01-15 14:48:52 #5595

Dee, I love your avatar. I just checked it out up close. I'm assuming that is your husband and Molly. Funny! On a personal note, I will be out on Jan. 22 until I don't know when. I'm having surgery to remove a chocolate cyst (hopefully). It could be something more serious, so I'm getting it taken care of. I don't know how long I'll be out, so I'm sure I'll go down in rankings, but I'll be back! I'm sure I won't be feeling much like playing for a few weeks. I sure hope the pain meds are good.

by Dee » 2008-01-15 17:59:07 #5596

Chillemander...
My thoughts and prayers will be with you for a successful surgery and COMPLETE recovery. Yes...That's hubby and Molly taking a nap in Hubby's "Mickey Mouse" TV room. Let us know how you're doing!

by Di » 2008-01-17 07:26:46 #5597

All the best for your surgery Chillemander. Dee, after the New Year you and your family have had, I really admire you for getting back to business. It's only natural for you to be in a slump, but you're doing the right thing. Keeping busy and helping others always helps to lift our spirits.
BTW, what's a chocolate cyst? I haven't heard that term before smile