Menu

by JBAMA1998 » 2007-07-29 11:44:15 #5558

I did try the bubbles Dee! I found some with catnip and Nubbins loves them. She is after the catnip more so than the bubbles. Now the laser light has been her favorite toy, except for one mouse, her entire life. She also loves the toys on a string with feathers. She sits on top of her condo and plays catch with her mice whenever someone will play. I am so glad neither of us spoils our angels! Have you ever gotten some of her toys and supplies from cat claws? I believe you can find them on-line.

I have not read Harry Potter, but both of my kids are eat up with him. I make my guys read the book before they are allowed to see the movies. My son wants the 7th book for his birthday next week. He just finished the 6th book. My daughter just started reading them last year in school and is addicted like her brother now. I have seen the movies with the kids but I have heard that the books are better. My lips are sealed about the 7th book, I talked to the lady in Barnes and Nobles about the book, but I have some questions when you are done!

Sounds like you are really rolling on the crafts! I am the most uncreative person on the planet. I have always envied those that can be crafty! Good luck.

by Dee » 2007-08-13 15:31:14 #5559

Well, we survived the heart wave last week and it was brutal with the humidity. We are in full gear crafting and I hope to soon be finished with Fall Crafts. We started with Christmas at class last week. I designed some cute clear glass snowman and Santa ornaments, which you can see later on our web site, www.bethanycraftguild.com. Right now, we are still featuring pictures of our Fall crafts. One of the husbands has built more shelving for us in our craft room at church. We ran out of room!

I finished "Harry Potter" and can say I was some what disappointed in the book. It felt to me as if Rowling was trying to hard to fit the pieces together and I didn't feel that they "fit.' However, my granddaughter, age 20, enjoyed the book but did not like the ending. Any Harry Potter fans out there?

I also did some baking. Our neighbor, just turned 95, so I baked her a strudel coffee cake. Another neighbor gave me a zucchini an I baked a zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting. I have numerous zucchini recipes, from cake, to jelly! Years ago, before I started my career, I had a lovely vegetable garden in our back yard, and I discovered all the delights of zucchini!

George and I are enjoying our cat, Molly, so much. She is a "Momma's" girl and usually is always close by me. We got a letter from the local animal shelter and they have over 300 cats that need homes. Sorry, but one is all I really want.

Hope everyone is enjoying the Summer or Winter, if that is where you are! Til later!

by Dee » 2007-08-23 15:14:16 #5560

Wow! There was an article in the newspaper, the animal shelter removed over 40 cats from one house. The very sad news is that the animal shelter now has over 500 cats now and are doing their best to find homes for them, which will not happen. How sad!

As usual, my day is surrounded by crafts...I have finally finished up with creating the Fall crafts and posted a cute picture of Molly with boo-tiful ghosts that we made, on our website; www.bethanycraftguild.com. She is having a blast with all the craft items that I now have scattered in the dinning room (my temporary craft area). I just have to be careful that nothing will harm her. We are now in full gear creating Christmas crafts. Yesterday, we made button snowman pins. Next week, we will be creating snowmen made out of 2x4 lumber, so I have to get George to get me to the lumber store.

George had a colonoscopy on Monday. They say the day before is the worst of it, becasue you have to purg yourself. When it was over I asked him how it was, he said "I don"t remember anything and I feel great!...all went well. My turn is in October.

We have had 3 days of rain, much needed, but nothing like in the mid-west. Back into the 90's tomorrow. I'm looking forward to pleasant Fall weather. I'm going to be very busy the next few weeks, with crafts and preparing for our very last yard sale! My basement also needs "purged!" Love reading all the comments on the daily solitaire, it's great! Til later.

by Dee » 2007-09-02 16:09:47 #5561

I noticed that we continue to have folks introduce their self from all over the world. It would be so nice if they would take a few moments and tell us about the area that they live in and what their occupation and interests are.

I've been so super busy with crafts! I'd really like to better my scores with Solitaire Craving and Mahjong Craving but there simply isn't enough time...

I DO however, always make time for my cat, Molly! Her favorite game is "red Light", which is laser light. She would play it all day with me if I had the time! She also broke her favorite toy and my son finally found a new one for her, boy was she ever happy! And guess what?...I have taught her to roll over! She is a very smart girl and even comes to me when I call her!

I am looking forward to some lovely Fall days. I love Fall the best...with the exception of raking up leaves! I wish I had time to sit outside and work on my book or just meditate. Our craft web site is being well received and after our bazaars, we will be getting the word out to the public and expect more viewers. Til later!

by Dee » 2007-09-06 15:06:32 #5562

THE GARBAGE MEN AND THE MAIL MEN...I am usually sitting at my PC when the garbage men come by in the morning. These days with recycling, there are 3 different trucks. One for paper and glass, one for yard refuge (no grass) and the third for general daily trash. I can't imagine how these men get through the day in the hot humid days of Summer! Our mail carrier arrives in the late afternoon and til he gets to our neighborhood, he is beat! Take a few minutes and offer these men a cool drink in the Summer and a hot drink in the Winter. Believe me, they will appreciate it!

by Dee » 2007-09-11 14:31:15 #5563

Today is a day that we would like to forget but we can't because...we all need to take a few moments to remember those who perished and those who suffer from 9-11. A time to pray for those in the armed services who fight for their country for freedom. You don't have to support the battle to support the men and women who are in harms way and for those who have lost their life and their family who is without them. This morning I lined my walkway with flags in remembrance and honor of them all.

by Dee » 2007-09-16 08:44:44 #5564

Molly and I just got up from a long needed nap! We had our very last "Yard Sale" yesterday and today. George and I cleaned out the basement, cleaned and boxed everything and managed to sell $330 worth of what was to us...junk! From here forward any unneeded items get pitched or go to the Salvation Army. Way too much work and we're too old for all this work! The weather however was just beautiful and we could not have asked for lovelier weather to spend 2 days outside and meet so many nice folks!

Well I've got to go and elevate my legs, and take a pain pill. This weekend has left me in pain! Til later!

Now I need to get my strength back because next Saturday is our big Fall Craft Sale at church! Too much to do and my poor weak and tired bones just want to rest!

by Dee » 2007-09-19 12:20:01 #5565

As if I don't already have enough to do, our craft guild is now sponsoring a yard sale as a fund raiser for our church on Oct. 20th in conjunction with our blood drive! It's the first time we've ever tried this, so we'll see how it goes! Till Later.

by Ber » 2007-09-20 17:17:33 #5566

Hi all fellow solitaire fanatics. Im only a week using this site as i only happened upon it by accident. I always loved playing and really look forward to a new challenge each day. My name is Ber and I am from Ireland. A little place called Mullingar in the midlands. I am seperated and have 3 children. I worked as a chef until a year ago when my back gave up on me ! Im awaiting an operation on it at the moment. I need to have a spinal fusion where the doctors will insert titanium rods in my spine to try to hold it together. Hopefully it will be a sucess. Well that me introduced. Thanks Adam for running such a wonderful site.

by Dee » 2007-09-20 08:56:10 #5567

Hi Ber... We are Irish..."McNally" and it is my wish to get to Ireland someday, hopefully with my sisters. I have a dear friend who has had the surgery that you are awaiting and she is doing fine. Good Luck! I am planning knee replacement surgery in January, so I guess I'll be playing more solitaire craving then.

by Ber » 2007-09-20 09:17:27 #5568

Hi Dee. Lovely to hear from you. With a name like McNally you sure have Irish blood running through your veins ! Have you family in Ireland ? Do you know what part of the country they are from? Thanks for your good wishes for my surgery. Best of luck to you as well. Think we will both be playing a lot more solitaire. Im still ranked over 500 but i did very well today and am very pleased with myself. I have a long way to go yet though!

by Dee » 2007-09-29 07:46:48 #5569

Hi Ber!...I wish I knew if we have family in Ireland. Our family history was not recorded so we do not know from what part of Ireland our family is from sad

Well our church guild sold over $500 of Fall Crafts and we will be selling more our church yard sale in October. All our profits go to our church 2008 heating fund.Now we are very busy making crafts for the Christmas holiday bazaar.

I'm already burned out and we are not even halve way there! I linked some craft guild photo's that I took at our Fall Sale. Check them out at www.bethanycraftguild.com along with some of our latest items. Till Later. Dee

by cameo_ angel » 2007-09-30 10:31:06 #5570

Hi Dee....I have been reading all the back forums, and I must say you are one busy lady.
In one thread you ask if we would tell things about ourselves, well here goes: I am married have 3 children,all grown up and 3 grandsons,expecting I hope #4 any day now. I live in New Brunswick,Canada .I love to garden and also am a crafter.Now I am off on sick leave from work. I have started to make some new feather angels as my old one have turned yellow from age.Has your craft group ever made them , they are very simple and can be use for all kinds of things from tree ornaments to gift decorations and even cat toys. Yes I too have a cat, she is now 10 years old. She thinks the angels I put on the tree are birds,and she steals them off every chance she gets. Cats can be a great company and a source of entertainment.
I also love to bake and do wedding cakes for friends and family, and have won a few prizes and ribbons for my cakes at local exhibitions.
This week I also have started to do the house up for thanksgiving my children say I go over board,but I know if they came to the house and it was not done up for each and ever holiday they would be upset, our family is very close and spend lots of time together.
So if if you would like to know more about me were I live feel free to ask. Angel

by Dee » 2007-10-06 07:15:53 #5571

Hi Angel!...
It sounds like we have soo much in common! It's great to have someone to chat with! I too have done cake decorating but have never entered any contests. I took 2 Wilton cake decorating courses. I can imagine that your cakes are lovely. I also enjoy gardening but had to downsize my gardens because of my disability. And I have been known to "go overboard" decorating...I'm not much for Halloween, but I have the house decorated for Fall now and will add the "turkeys" as we get closer to Thanksgiving. I love to do theme trees at Christmas.

Tomorrow is my granddaughter's 20th birthday and today, I made her a tote bag for college. I made a collage of all sorts of silly cats and included her cat, Belle and my cat, Molly. Then I screened the pictures on paper and ironed onto the tote before sewing it together. I am pleased and hope she likes it.

Yes, I try to keep busy because I find if I sit too long I can't walk and if I walk too long, I can't stand, so it's a balancing act for me constantly.

Now you must tell me more about your feather angels!...directions would be great! Our craft guild are now making angel's and Santa's from dried okra and they are turning out nicely. We are also making Santa's from burnt out light bulbs and elves using rolls of lifesaver candies. Have you pulled up our craft web site? I post to it weekly. www.bethanycraftguild.com.

have a great day and hope to hear from you...Dee

by Dee » 2007-10-15 07:18:36 #5572

Went to Delaware yesterday to visit my 2 sisters who I had not seen since last year. We had a wonderful day together! They made a lovely vegetable quiche and pineapple cheese pie for dessert. They gave me another wonderful craft idea! We exchanged birthday and Christmas gifts. They got a grand laugh because for Christmas (past) they each got a ceramic "Easter" piece! I couldn't make the trip sooner because my legs were too bad for the trip.

Today, I am pricing yard sale items for our church Yard Sale/Bake Sale to be held on Saturday Oct 20th!...sure hoping for lovely Fall weather. After this, it's back to Christmas crafts for the Christmas Holiday Bazaar in November. Woe is me...I'm sooo tired!

Well sweet Molly, my cat is learning to "roll over", she did it 6 times for me yesterday! The girl loves attention!...and I love giving it to her! I am smelling yummy homemade macaroni and cheese that hubby made for dinner tonight. He added bacon and tomatoes. The man can cook! till later!

by Schae » 2007-10-22 10:52:18 #5573

HI im schae i just started on solitare craving and loving it i might not be the best player but i can improve

by Dee » 2007-10-26 09:28:22 #5574

Welcome Schae...It's just the fun of the game, so enjoy! Well we made $830 at our Yard Sale/Bake Sale. We donated $200 toward our Thanksgiving Food Baskets and gave $600 to our general expense fund. It was a beautiful day and everyone had fun.

I've been so super busy and have notice that my score continues to climb but no time to better it. It will have to wait til January. We are now very busy working on Christmas crafts, the Bazaar is the 16th -17th of November and we only have a few weeks left!

by x52m » 2007-10-28 17:57:18 #5575

hi Dee. i started life 3 days ago and i cant wait to build my rank up ^.^

I'm originally from France but i moved to U.S.A when i was little. and you really do sound like your from Ireland lol.

of i had to guess i would say northern Ireland...

by Dee » 2007-11-28 14:21:58 #5576

Hi everyone!...
It looks like my "Introduce Yourself" will soon reach 5000 readers! Wow! Thanks to everyone for reading! I have been among the missing for a while, because of preparing for our church Christmas Bazaar. We made over $2,300!...and I had to spend last week with my legs elivated and did nothing as I was simply exhausted!...and I am soooo "crafted out!" This week I have been cleaning the house from a month of neglect. I finally feel as if I am under control again..

I did go on a one day shopping spree at the "Dollar Store" last week and broke the family spending record there. We give our family money and stocking stuffer's for Christmas and this year, I got the bright idea of giving them all items from the dollar store...I filled a cart and spent $75. They are going to be eating some unusual food items!...but I had fun.

I even got my Molly girl a Santa hat and neck band. I have been taking her pictures with them on as I want to make Christmas cards featuring her and also order postage stamps with her on them! Yes..for those who don't know, you can actually order stamps with your photos on them, it's great fun!

We have had Molly (our cat) 6 months now, and I think she pretty much has us trained now. She is the sunshine of my life and I never imagined a cat could be so much fun and also companionship. She is a people cat and I think she thinks I gave birth to her, as she is always following me around.

I notice many new names, so I guess it's time for me to catch up with you guys. Till later. Dee

by strawb » 2007-12-03 14:50:41 #5577

Dee, I too am nuts about my cat, Strawberry, a red tabby like yours. She is over a year old now. I rescued her from under our back porch where the dogs had chased her when she was a tiny kitten. She was so thin and misshapen due to starvation. But, she has been the most enjoyable thing. She plays games with me and has such a sense of humar that it crack me up. Anyway, welcome to solitaire craving.