Menu

by Dee » 2007-05-27 10:57:59 #5538

Well guess what?..We got our cat today! She is a sweet little girl with a light tan coat. She loves to be held and be on our lap and give ear kisses! We named her Molly, because we are Irish and it fits her personality!

by chilliemander » 2007-05-27 11:07:48 #5539

Aw, congrats, Dee. She sounds adorable. She'll be so big before you know it. Does she look like the cat in your avatar pic?

by oceanstar2 » 2007-05-27 11:08:22 #5540

That's great Dee, I'm so glad you finally got your cat! She sounds adorable and I'm sure she'll bring you much happiness smile Of course you know who's the real boss now, LOL. Have fun.

by Dee » 2007-06-05 07:02:00 #5541

Be careful what you wish for!...I wanted a red tabby "lap" cat for years, finally George said we could have a cat. Miss Molly won us over 3 red male tabbys, all of which were friendly, but there was something about Molly that attracted us both to her. She now sleeps in between us in bed every night and I think that's my problem!...because she cries to me all day and leads me to the bedroom. If I lay down with her, she is fine, if I stay in the bedroom and sit a the PC, she is fine or if I hold her on my lap she is fine...otherwise, she follows me around and meows and makes funny noises. I know she thinks I am her Momma. Could I possibly her spoiled her that badly in just one week!!! Oh well...I love her!

by JBAMA1998 » 2007-06-05 12:30:03 #5542

Oh Dee! You sound like you have the younger version of mine! Nubbins is 12yrs old and talks to us until we pick her up twentyfour hours a day! But I am with you Dee, I LOVE HER!

by chilliemander » 2007-06-12 13:43:12 #5543

Hey everyone! The forum has been quiet as of late, so I thought I'd add something, since I highly enjoy reading the forum everyday. Dee, how is the cat? We are thinking of getting another dog. We both want one, and it's summer, so I have lots of time at home to break it in and train it. We're thinking another beagle (cuz we love 'em so much) or maybe a lab (since they're so good with kids) or maybe a rescue from the pound. We've been to the local pound once, but didn't see anything we just had to have. I'm hoping the dog will pick us. Any dog talk, anyone? Or we just cat lovers here (I'm both)?

by Dee » 2007-06-13 07:57:53 #5544

Oh wow! Chilliemander, you just wouldn't believe this cat! I guess she was worth waiting so long for because I believe the Lord guided us to her. She has totally bonded to me. She loves attention (more like a dog) she loves to be held and talked to. And she sleeps with us. I never imagined cats could be soooo sweet! We just adore her! It has been a busy couple of weeks since we brought her home. She has been spaded and yesterday she was front declawed by laser. I brought her home this morning and she is doing well and staying very close to me. Mollie understands "No" and when she licks her paws too much or tries to chew, I simply say 'no" loudly and she stops. I know there is a lot of discussion on whether you should declaw or not, but we made the decision to do it, right or wrong. She is protected in the house. When her paws heal, I bought her a cat harness and will see if she wants to explore the back yard with me being with her at all times. And the truth is, George is jealous because all my attention is now on Molly! She is now on my avitar.

It is now "kitten season" and June is "adopt a cat month." Our local shelter (SPCA) is overloaded with cats and last weekend, they had an adoptathon. 36 people came out and adopted a cat but there are still way too many. Last year, they took in over 2800 and 1080 had to be euthanized as there were no homes for them. Our shelter will neuter or spay the animals, included in the cost of adoption and if you are 65 or over, they take $50 off the cost of adoption. Molly only cost us $19.99 including her being spayed. If your're thinking of adding a pet, consider your local animal shelter. We couldn't have found a better cat if we had her breeded special for us!

Our craft guild has started up again and we are starting Fall crafts tomorrow. We will start by making "Runuzit" turkey and scarecrows. Our craft artist has painted 2 gourds. One is a brown pelican and the other a seagull. I have made 2 very nice baskets for them, they are designed as nests. They have eggs painted in the appropriate color, with seashells, tall grass, etc. And you should see the giraffes that she makes from gourds! So it is now time to start creating! I have been"scouring" craft books and the internet for ideas. We have lots of very cute patterns for holiday ornaments and will do some "theme trees" for our show in November. Our church has become very excited at the success of our guild and craft shows. Til later...Dee

by Dee » 2007-06-18 08:45:27 #5545

The family can't believe our cat, Molly! They say she is awesome! I put her harness on her last night and we walked in the driveway and backyard for 1/2 hour. She loved it! When she was ready to come in, she just climbed the back steps to the breeze way door.

I'm a bit of a novice on the pc, so next week, I'm going to have my son show me how to attach pictures, so you can see some of the crafts our craft guild is making. You won't believe the gourds! Talk to you later...dinner is ready. Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's.

by Dee » 2007-07-01 12:31:45 #5546

A lovely Summer day!...As usual, Molly (our cat) gets me up before the alarm goes off. (always before 7:00 am.) After watching the morning news and enjoying my Saturday treat of cappichino and a cheese bun, I got dressed and hubby and I headed for Columbia PA to the annual antique art and craft show with over 250 vendors. It is a quaint small town and the weather was perfect. I got some great ideas for our craft guild and made a few purchases. We enjoyed our annual strawberries with ice cream and shortcake. After 3 hours of walking and rest breaks, we headed home. Molly was waiting for me and always when I return home, she leads me to the bedroom, where she jumps on the bed and I must spend time kissing and rubbing her, while she purrs and kisses me! Then I went into the den with her on my lap and the 3 of us promptly went to sleep and we woke up shortly after 4:00 pm...wow! what a nap!

Next week our Son and family are going on vacation for a week, so we get to babysit their cat, Belle. I'm just hoping that the 2 "girls" get along. Their personalities are totally different. Belle is very shy and Molly is very outgoing. So we'll see what tricks they can teach each other. Til later.

by quickclicks » 2007-07-02 07:19:22 #5547

Hello Everyone

I just joined this sight yesterday, and I know everyone already knows this, but this site is amazing. Very well done Adam!!!

About myself, I live and work in the Toronto area, and I work in IT so I'm around computers 24/7. Can't wait for the next game!!!

by JBAMA1998 » 2007-07-02 10:41:12 #5548

Welcome quickclicks! You're right this site is amazing and seems to attract mainly amazing people. Good Luck!

by Dee » 2007-07-06 17:56:44 #5549

A whole lot of hissing going on! I am now watching my families cat, Belle, and our cat, Molly is not at all happy about the situation! Molly is outgoing, Belle is shy, I was hoping that opposites would attract...but it ain't looking good! We kept Belle in the breezeway overnight, so we didn't have two cats in the house while we were sleeping. However...Hubby decided to check on Belle in the breezeway at 4:00 am, what he didn't know was she was waiting with baited breath at the door and got into the house! I got up at 5:00 am for my usual potty relief and was surprised when Belle came into the room to greet me. Without my glasses, I'm blind, but I managed to see that this cat was too dark to be Molly. So there I am at 5:00 in the morning trying to catch her. After 1/2 hour I got smart and put Molly behind a closed door and Belle came to me. I wanted her in the breezeway because I had an early Dr. appt. and didn't want to leave them both in the house unsupervised while I was gone. When I returned home at 10:00 am, I let Belle in the house. She was greeted by Molly's hissing. So now Belle is under the bed and Molly is on the dresser waiting for her to come out....sure hope the family has a great time in Myrtle Beach NC, because it looks like it's going to be 9 LONG days for me!!! til later.

by JBAMA1998 » 2007-07-06 12:01:08 #5550

Poor babies Dee! Maybe after a day or so they will both settle down and learn to appreciate each others differences! Molly doesn't want to share her wonderful home! Maybe by the end of their "visit" they will become buddies and can visit each other periodically so they don't forget one another.

by Dee » 2007-07-22 16:21:37 #5551

Been busy crafting! Our guild now has it's very own website, thanks to my son, George II, for setting it up. Later today, I will be adding a new posting. If you're the least little bit curious, it's www.bethanycraftguild.com We are gearing up with Fall crafts for our church Annual Block Party in Sept. The money our guild raises at this event will be donated toward our 2008 heating bills. Our big Christmas Bazaar is held in November and we have yet to get started on holiday items but we have loads of ideas!

Got a cortisone shot in each knee a couple weeks ago, as the pain was sooo very bad, I could hardly sit, stand or walk. I discussed it with my surgeon and plan to have the left knee replace first in January 2008. I am waiting so that I can be hands on in guiding my girls in the craft guild for our Christmas Bazaar. It is a big fund raiser and our church really needs the funds "to keep the lights on." God answers prayer and we will all get through this with His Love and Grace.

Well Molly's "cousin", Belle went home last week, the damage was a broken lamp and 3 deep scratches in an antique table. Did not tell our son and family, no need to make them feel bad. Molly cried and looked for her all week! She has finally settled down. I understand that Belle went home and went "into hiding" for a day. The day the family came for her, the 2 cats went up to each other and touched noses!, as if to say good-by! So till next year just one cat...Yeaaa!

George and I went on a bus tour to see the King Tut exhibit. It was just wonderful! The craftsmanship is unbelievable! After, going through the exhibit, we saw an Imax movie on the king's of Egypt. It was wonderful!For those of you who are not familiar with an "Imax Theater" It is a 4 story tall in the round screen and it feels as if "you" are in the film. Be prepared to get dizzy! The Museum gift shop was way expensive! They had everything from junk to a beaded necklace I saw for $1,950...and they were just beads, no semi precious stones. I got a small gold ankh pendant, the symbol of Life in Egypt.

And last but not least...I am officially "old!"...I filed for social security last week. I get full social security at age 65 and 8 months. My first check will be direct deposited in August. Til Later.

by JBAMA1998 » 2007-07-23 13:51:09 #5552

I bet the house feels quiet now that Belle went home! With her cousin gone I guess she needs to look forward to next year! Our angel is 12 years old with several medical issues. We had four cats but lost 3 in less than 2years very unexpectedly. Nubbins is now alone and misses her siblings sometimes but loves being an only cat also. She is a smart one, she knows she will be spoiled rotten.

I hope the doctor agrees that it is okay to wait until January for your knee. You don't want to cause more damage. Either way while your down, you will have craving to keep you occupied. Hopefully while you all are creating your new ideas you can stay off of it.

by Dee » 2007-07-23 15:57:52 #5553

Nubbins is so cute!...just keep loving and spoiling her, that is all that matters. Have you tired getting a bottle of bubbles to blow for Nubbins? Molly loves breaking the bubbles! Having never had a cat before, I actually think that I am enjoying her more than the dog we had years ago. Molly is constantly by my side and a sweet girl. I too hope that I can put off surgery until January. I believe that I forgot to give the new web site for our craft guild that my son developed for me. www.bethanycraftguild.com I will be posting to this site weekly with photo's and updates. Any comments, suggestions or questions are welcome. Til later!

by Dee » 2007-07-23 15:58:53 #5554

OOOps! Meant to say tried not tired.

by JBAMA1998 » 2007-07-24 08:54:59 #5555

Thank you Dee! Molly is also adorable! Not that we would be partial! Nubbins hasn't chased bubbles. She loves the laser light! She has good and bad days because of her knees. Sometimes she doesn't want to run much. We try to keep her going because it is better for her. Cats are so amazing. They are so intelligent and definitely their own selves! They will only do what they want when they want! I love the personalities. I will have to check out the web site.

by chilliemander » 2007-07-25 17:07:51 #5556

Dee, I just checked out the site. I wish I could join your craft guild. I'm a crocheter by trade, but I am pretty handy. I love making things with my hands. I just finished an afghan for my husband, who is very tall, so I made it extra long. I'm currently working on 3 afghans. One is 63 different crochet stitches pieced into one big heirloom afghan. I can't wait to finish it. I've been working on it since December. Maybe I'll finish it before Christmas.

by Dee » 2007-07-29 17:09:18 #5557

Chilliemander...
Wouldn't it be great to have some solitaire craver's in our craft guild? I used to crochet a lot years ago and made some pretty neat things!...but I can't knit! We have a crafter in the guild who knits and has made 2 stunning afghans for our Christmas Bazaar and is now knitting hats. (I'm going to have to buy a hat!) I'd love to see your afghan, when it's done.

This Wednesday, we are going to meet at my house as this week is vacation Bible School Week at church. After we finish making "loopy pumpkins", we are all heading to Issac's for "Fudgey Wudgey's"...yum...for those who don't know it is a chocolate brownie, topped with vanilla ice cream, topped with hot fudge sauce, topped with whipped cream and of course a cherry on top!

Jbama1998...
Have you tried bubbles for Nubbin's yet?...she wouldn't have to jump around so much...Molly just sits and swats at them. Her favorite is playing "red Light!" (laser light.) We have to play it at least 4 times a day...did I mention that she is spoiled??...she "talks" to me and leads me into the living room when she wants to play.

Well, this week I have made more Fall floral arrangements. I have 2 more wreaths to do and we have just a couple more Fall ideas before we move on to Christmas crafts.

Any Harry Potter fans out there? I went to see the latest movie and our granddaughter just lent me her book. She read the 749 pages in one day! Me, I'm on page 247 and on my 4th day of reading! No hints, clues or giveaways, PLEASE...as many have yet to read the book! Maybe we can exchange ideas in a month or so...but not now!

Till later!