Menu

by Adam Lyttle » 2006-08-28 12:09:14 #5438

Wow, toilet paper is both decorative and functional! Who would have thought? smile

by Dee » 2006-08-29 12:25:41 #5439

I CONFESS!...I'm a "Martha Stewart Wanna Be! Yea...I know she was guilty, Yea, she paid her dues, Yea! she still won't admit to wrong doing but I still admire her spunk! You either love her or hate her! I enjoy her talents. I love baking special desserts & cake decorating, I always wanted my own bake shop: "Dee's Delights". (however, I dislike basic cooking, my husband cooks, even though he is still working and I'm not). I love creating "something from nothing", when I was young, I aspired to be a fashion designer, now I enjoy writing. I wrote a monthly newsletter at my prior employment and found it was my favorite part of work. I've written a few childrens books (non-published) and plan to write a book about the 40's and 50's and growing up in Baltimore, MD. Now I am gathering data. That's it for today! Dee

by Dee » 2006-09-05 12:40:25 #5440

Just thought I'd give you the latest update on my craft projects. I just finished making 4 "shoulder pad" angels...they are soooo cute! Also made beautiful seashell frames with pearls and string pearls. Dee

by Adam Lyttle » 2006-09-06 15:48:46 #5441

Shoulder pad angels? They sound like a very good idea, very imaginative! smile

by Dee » 2006-09-10 16:43:45 #5442

No one needs reminded that tomorrow is 9-11. We all have our horrific memories of that day 5 years ago. I've changed my picture for the day and ask that we all take a moment on Monday, to Thank our God, for all the freedoms that He Has Blessed us with, and that mankind can somehow find peace on earth. Dee

by Stacy G » 2006-09-11 17:01:06 #5443

That's beautiful Dee.

by SuzyQ » 2006-09-14 17:40:51 #5444

Dee, I really LOVED your backwards story line about Adam not following his own instructions for only adding one sentence at a time. It cracked me up, and I still chuckle to myself just thinking about it.

Your 9-11 comments and pic were very heartwarming. Your little swimmer pic is really cute.

by Dee » 2006-09-14 06:13:14 #5445

Today is a rainy day in York PA. If you never heard of York, we are an industrial city. known for York Air conditioning, York Bar Bell, York Peppermint patties originated here, and more. My husband grew up in Lancaster PA, where there are Amish live in the country side. I grew up in Baltimore, MD, and that is where my book will based, whenever I get over my solitaire craving! Crafting update: Today at church we made Santa's that cover the Renuzit deoderizers and can be refilled. Real cute! Thank you Stacy and Suzy for your comments. (I thought it was funny too)! Dee

by Dee » 2006-09-14 07:26:10 #5446

Oh and I forgot...we have a Harley Davidson plant here. Dee

by Stacy G » 2006-09-14 08:58:51 #5447

So would this make you an Eagles or a Steelers fan?

My father's family moved from Baltimore to Pittsburgh. smile And I was born there many years ago. I've been waiting for last years Superbowl for a LONG time!

by Dee » 2006-09-15 16:53:12 #5448

We were a broken family of 6 kids living "Hand to mouth" in Baltimore, and I can remember 23 addresses, until I ended up in Lancaster, PA living with my sister who was 17 and I was 15. We were the real "Shirley and Laverne" of the 50's. (By the way, I was "Shirley!). Sorry...Not a sports fan, my husband tried but I simply have no interest in sports. Dee

by Stacy G » 2006-09-16 07:24:44 #5449

Wow! 23 addresses? I lived in the same house from age 3 until 16.

by Dragonchilde » 2006-09-16 07:47:40 #5450

I come from a patched-up family rather than a broken one myself. After my mother got divorced and got custody of me and my brother, she remarried with a man who was also divorced with two children. It was the modern version of the Brady Bunch I suppose...

by Stacy G » 2006-09-16 08:47:41 #5451

My parents were divorced when I was 8 too. Both parents remarried and my mom & step father are still together and my step-mother passed away from lung cancer this summer.
I always thought of it as having 2 families while most people only got one. smile

by Dragonchilde » 2006-09-16 16:03:30 #5452

Double the grandparent equals double the presents at Christmas smile

by Dee » 2006-09-16 16:29:42 #5453

Well, It's been a rainy week here. The grass has turned from brown straw to lush green and it's lovely. I busied myself yesterday by making 5 lovely pillows and a Christmas wreath. Our church is having a block party next saturday and then our big Fall Fling is the 1st weekend in November. I have crafts everywhere! George said I could open a craft shop and I could!...but I am too busy with my craft class at church once a week and of course, I MUST always find time for Solitaire and Sudoku Craving! Dee

by Dee » 2006-09-23 06:35:19 #5454

Well it's 2:30 in the afternoon and I guess it's time for me to get dressed! I've been up since 7:00 am this morning crafting and have lost track of time! I even missed breakfast and lunch! I bordered and finished 2 hand painted pillows that one of our church "artist" hand painted. Each has a lighthouse scene. I also sewed together 2 turkeys, (made of felt) and I made a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting for our bake sale tomorrow at the church Block party. My son stopped by for a RARE visit and dropped off some homemade truffles for the sale tomorrow. My 13 yr old grandson made them. My son is a baker for a large grocery chain and works the graveyard shift, something he has done right out of high school. He is now preparing to set up a service for installing, etc. computers for a side business. He is taking a college course to assist him, and getting other professional help. Enough for now, I'm hungry!!! Dee

by Jay Davis » 2006-09-23 09:04:57 #5455

Smashed possums make good frisbys

by Dee » 2006-09-25 06:42:39 #5456

Speaking of smashed possums...did anyone see on TV last week, what what they do with "Road Kill"? I was really surprised...it's put into composte for your garden and chances are everyone has some "Road Kill" in their garden!...Talk about recycling...Ugh! Dee

by Dee » 2006-10-01 06:42:43 #5457

Our craft guild made $306 at the church Block party last week; enough for us to purchase storage containers for our supplies plus a reserve for supplies. Now we ar ebusy making Christmas crafts for our big Fall Fling in November. We expect to make $1,000.00 plus which will go to our Missions Fund this year. I have astounded my husband with my crafting abilities! We are busy making tree ornaments at class now and then we will do some stuffed snowmen and snowmen lights! Busy-busy-busy! We went to a big church yard sale this morning and I bought some really neat items!, then we went to my credit union which was having a huge car sale and had FREE lunch! French fries, hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, drinks and more. Had to leave because it is so damp outside and my bones are really hurting! More later! Dee