Menu

by zaphod » 2014-02-03 16:18:16 #9419

James: Now you disclose that you know even more tunes. You mention two already you know and then there must be one you recognize which is not the national anthem and then one which you recognize as not the being Yankee Doodle. Soon we shall discover that you have a great repertoire of tunes.

by King of Hearts » 2014-02-03 17:57:30 #9420

Zaphod, that is so funny. You will soon have James not cross-eyed and bow legged. He will be straightened out yet. We will get to the bottom of this. tongue

by harleyman » 2014-02-04 18:50:09 #9421

Here, here Robin, you go boy ! tongue

by zaphod » 2014-02-04 16:11:15 #9422

What we say here is tongue in cheek. So why do you guys stick out your tongue?

by harleyman » 2014-02-04 07:20:28 #9423

@zaphod. that is a raspberry, meaning very funny...

by King of Hearts » 2014-02-04 15:57:36 #9424

Even though it is tongue in cheek, it is a tangible way online to show that you are kidding and it is all in fun. I wonder what that would look like as face... probably a bulging cheek with a wink.

by zaphod » 2014-02-05 09:22:11 #9425

What I wrote about tongue in cheek also meant to be funny! It was just a different drummer. who beats a different rhythm, more musical than a raspberry albeit dryer.

by King of Hearts » 2014-02-05 09:54:52 #9426

Zaphod , I did not know that you liked rap music. The tongue has to remain inside cheeks when one proceeds to blow through mouth in repetitive motions simulating beat-like rhythm to accompany noteworthy lyrics. How is that for a musical dialect ? ; >wink

by harleyman » 2014-02-05 10:22:12 #9427

I was known at one time as the little drummer boy, I was always drumming on something, and that aint no raspberry...tongue

by zaphod » 2014-02-05 12:00:19 #9428

That is great news James. Rhythm is the key word. For a while I was behind the battery and kept a fairly good beat. As to rap. I am glad you know about it also. We keep discovering how many similarities there are between the two of us. @claudine might still believe that we are either identical or at least twins. It is only with playing solitaire that one sees the difference. But it is nearly the same as it was in my childhood with singing. I told you that I was able to do the low but not the upper harmony. In solitaire also you sing there with the upper C and I keep humming the low harmony. LOL

by King of Hearts » 2014-02-05 13:21:50 #9429

As for me, I add the rhyme and reason.... ok here it goes tongue

by harleyman » 2014-02-05 15:03:15 #9430

I am waiting Robin...!! tongue

by harleyman » 2014-02-05 15:11:38 #9431

@zaphod, I hope @claudine is not that gullible to believe we are twins, although it would be a hoot if she did. I have always had rhythm in my bones. Yes, I know about Rap, however, I am not fond of it.

by King of Hearts » 2014-02-05 12:34:22 #9432

You all start carrying the tune , and I will add the rhyme and reason in the lyrics. We will play this by ear or via online...... tongue

by harleyman » 2014-02-05 17:33:19 #9433

You gotta Robin, You just slip out the back, Jack Make a new plan, Stan You dont need to be coy, Roy Just get yourself free Hop on the bus, Gus You dont need to discuss much Just drop off the key, Lee And get yourself free

by zaphod » 2014-02-06 18:19:10 #9434

whoa!

by harleyman » 2014-02-06 07:25:58 #9435

Oh, you liked that, did you @zaphod ?

by zaphod » 2014-02-06 12:14:18 #9436

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss!

by harleyman » 2014-02-06 12:27:21 #9437

Trailer for sale or rent Rooms to let, fifty cents No phone, no pool, no pets I got no cigarettes Two hours of pushin; broom Buys a eight by twelve four-bit room Im a man of means, by no means King of the road Third boxcar, midnight train Destination: Bangor, Maine Old worn out suit and shoes I dont pay no union dues I smoke old stogies I have found Short, but not too big around Im a man of means, by no means King of the road I know every engineer on every train All of the children and all of their names Every handout in every town Every lock that aint locked when no ones around They sing, trailers for sale or rent Rooms to let, fifty cents No phone, no pool, no pets I aint got no cigarettes About two hours of pushin broom Buys an eight by twelve four-bit room Im a man of means, by no means King of the road Trailer for sale or rent Rooms to let, fifty cents No phone, no pool, no pets I aint got no cigarettes About two hours of pushin broom Buys an eight by twelve four-bit room Im a man of means, by no means King of the road

by zaphod » 2014-02-06 12:37:00 #9438

Thank you @harleyman: This is more than funny and deserves two stars. Here is my contribution to the theory of music for this site: An A and a C an E-flat, and a G go into a bar. The bartender says: "Sorry, but we dont serve minors." So, the E-flat leaves, and the C and the G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished: the G is out flat. An F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough. A D comes into the bar and heads straight for the bathroom saying, "Excuse me. I'll just be a second." An A comes into the bar, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices a B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and exclaims: "Get out now! You are the seventh minor I have found in this bar tonight." The E-flat, not easily deflated, comes back to the bar the next night in a 3-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender says: "You are looking sharp tonight, come on in! This could be a major development." This proves to be the case, as the E-flat takes off the suit, and everything else, and stands there au natural. Eventually, the C sobers up, and realizes in horror that he is under a rest. The C is brought to trial, is found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of DS without Coda at an upscale correctional facility. On appeal, however, the C is found innocent of any wrongdoing, even accidental, and that all accusations to the contrary are bassless.