Menu

by dphifer » 2013-01-28 09:26:18 #7735

Karl, You see things most people do not. I am extremely busy at work. They had a staff reduction which got rid of 1 person in our office. They split her work between me and another person and gave me the workers comp stuff to do in addition to my already full load. And they cut our hours to 7 per day. Makes complete sense doesn't it????????????????? So, I do not like my job very much right now. This has been going on since October and I get more and more behind each day. And, with less hours that means less pay and I have the doctor and hospital bills on top of everything else. I just worry too much. But, thanks for asking about me. Love Denise

by kenright » 2013-01-28 10:12:49 #7736

@dphifer: I am not a "psychic". I am only very sensitive to people suffering and I am able to read between the lines. I felt that you suffer. What you write makes me very sad. It hurts how workers like you are exploited, and as you depend on your paycheck, how small it might be, you have to comply and even smile. Unfortunately there is no place to complain and even if you would or could, it would only backfire. It is probably only because of your devotion and being organized and doing the three jobs of worker, homemaker and parent, are you able to remain at least settled. I feel for you and wish I could help. Love smile Karl

by dphifer » 2013-01-28 13:03:34 #7737

It helped just to talk about it with you! You are so kind and understanding! As far as help - just pray for better jobs to open up, because I am definitely looking smile

by rachel from alaska » 2013-01-29 13:24:00 #7738

by kenright » 2013-01-29 15:01:06 #7739

If you need a reference, which you might not need as you have a good work history, but if need it, I can do something. I am familar with the job of HR-persons and also payroll and benefits or Work Comp, as I directed large psychiatric hospitals in different parts of Canada. Also my daughter is the HR manager at a resort in Ontario and I often consult with her on HR issues. The job situation is bad in the US. My son works for Cisco as a programmer in San Jose CA. His division is being sold and moves to LA. He might not wish to move, but if he refuses a job offer he will not get UI. We live in a very tough world. And people like you have it tripple tough. I wish I copuld help as you are a lovely and nice person and likely victimized because you are so nice. Love. K smile Xxxxxx.