Menu

Firefox 12

by 57 Feral Cats » 2012-05-14 10:29:04 #5168

In answer to Dale's question, I AM using Firefox. I was wondering if anybody has upgraded to Firefox 12. When I was having problems the other day, I decided to do that in case it would help but now I have a different set of issues. Well, no surprise there ! The overall size of everything on the screen is still smaller that it had been. Sometimes, the cards go sailing around the screen in a direction that I hadn't intended. Also, when I'm trying to move a card and place it elsewhere, it sometimes "sticks" to the cursor (for lack of a better description). I really have to make a conscious effort to release it or it hangs on. This never happened before. Also, the response of the cards to what I'm doing seems to be a split second behind me which is disconcerting. I did experience this previously but only from time to time. Is anybody else having any of these problems?

by lovemycat11 » 2012-05-14 14:59:30 #7336

yes im having those problems but doesnt happen every time... i dont know why its happening.... it just slows down the time it takes to play the game though..... im not gonna sweat it unless the game freezes totally.... it is anoying....

by fizzbut » 2012-05-14 16:15:07 #7337

I gave up for the most part using Firefox back at Firefox 3. They did something there that just didn't work well with this game. I've been using Chrome and except for a couple minor glitches works fairly smoothly.

by 57 Feral Cats » 2012-05-14 16:30:09 #7338

Thanks, Fizz! I think I tried Chrome and it didn't seem to do as well for me. It could be my computer. Don't the cards look really different on Chrome? Maybe I should try it again sometime.

by SusieP » 2012-05-15 06:21:29 #7339

Susan, I'm using Firefox 11 and am having trouble with the cards flying at random; the card sticking to the cursor and with me trying different maneuvers to get rid of it; also sometimes I try to put a king in a blank space and the computer won't let me.
In a side by side comparison, the cards are lager on Chrome. My old eyes can use all of the help that they can get! I think that it's back to Chrome for me!

by 57 Feral Cats » 2012-05-15 06:53:31 #7340

Thanks, SusieP ! The "flying cards" and "cards sticking to the cursor" describe it to a tee !! I also had a card that I was trying to play up and couldn't "shake" it into place on the Ace pile. I found that if I just click on any other card, it drops into place. But I rarely had these problems on Firefox 11. Not being able to put a King in a blank space happened from time to time but it was usually in the middle position and seemed to have something to do with the fact that I had double-clicked the entire middle pile so I would click and drag them instead.

I may give Chrome another try. I seem to remember that the cards, in addition to being larger, appeared differently as far as "artwork" goes. If you read some of my comments the other day when I was having trouble with my computer, you can change the size of what's on the screen so maybe you can just make your cards bigger that way. Just an idea.

by fizzbut » 2012-05-20 16:05:17 #7341

There is a color issue with Chrome. Mostly at odd times everything green turns blue and if you click off the game it will return to normal or you can play through it.

by kenright » 2012-05-21 06:05:07 #7342

I use exclusively Chrome. It is true that when I touch a spot between the cards the colour turns but this is of no consequence.

by Lynne C » 2012-05-21 10:51:49 #7343

I am having a problem with chrome as the cards are not showing up. Not sure why, although if I clear my cache, they sometimes do. I have been playing on safari but the font on this site with safari is very small and I can't change the default although I can change the size when I get here.