Menu

Once you move a card to the Ace piles at the top.

by Lynne » 2007-02-10 13:26:39 #4876

I have always thought that once you have moved a card up to where the aces go that you can't bring them back into the game. From what my daughter has said and what I've read sometimes in people's hints I suspect you may be able to.
So Is it against the rules to bring back a 3 say, to help move a two? I just can't bring myself to do that , it just feels like cheating.

by Dragonchilde » 2007-02-11 18:42:52 #6183

It's counter-intuitive to the object of the game, but it's not really cheating. You can bring cards back down in most solitaire games I have ever encountered (even in Windows Solitaire).

So whether or not it is cheating is just a matter of opinion I think.

by Wingy » 2007-02-12 07:48:05 #6184

Even if it is cheating .... shhhhh ..... lol ... I learned solitaire without being able to pull cards back from the foundation ... but once I learned that you could (in Windows Solitaire) it put a whole new wrinkle in the game for me ... a good wrinkle, as it was very difficult to play the game and have any fun when you were constantly having to reshuffle by not being able to use the foundation cards ... oops ... I think I just dated myself ... yes ... I played solitaire with real cards way longer before they had a Windows Solitaire.

by Lynne » 2007-02-12 11:53:32 #6185

Thanks for the replies. I've never had a game on here where I needed to do that yet, if I ever do then maybe as a last resort I will. Still feels wrong to me though wink