Menu

Game #71

by Adam Lyttle » 2006-08-21 07:00:20 #4774

This is commentary for game @#71, Generated on August 21, 2006.

In the previous news section I wrote up some commentaries about some of the games and the statistics on the site. I got quite a good response from it. As a result I have dedicated a section to writing commentary about games every now and then. In the future I will ask some regular forum posters/players to help out with the commentary (and other moderating, etc).

After a full week of easy games (@#64, @#65, @#66, @#67, @#68, @#69, @#70) we finally have a medium game. But it didn't look like that at first. During the first few minutes several people finished the game rating it easy (That's when I made my post about the easy games). By the time I refreshed the page the game was medium, and stayed that way for the rest of the day.

@Wynter got in first with a very helpful tip and rightfully received the most helpful award. In fact, I believe its the highest ranked comment since the release of the rating system about a week ago. Congratulations @Wynter! smile

Looking at the stats we have a new player in the top 5, welcome @Tom with a rank of 4. @Tom has moved up 9 places from 13 in just 1 day. Quite an impressive jump! I like his avatar too! @allenown has been quite safe in first position for quite some time, but @Xavor is slowly closing the gap, at the moment there is only 38 points seperating them.

In the most awarded department @tOlaNd is still ranked 1st, even know he hasn't played for nearly a month! Although, I have a feeling most people won't be complaining about that. He had some of the fastest times I have ever seen on Solitaire Craving. In second place is @emm. A few months ago @emm didn't even know how to play solitaire, now she is the main contender for least moves! Very impressive stuff.

by fraug » 2006-08-26 06:49:35 #5392

This post keeps showing up under "New Posts" even though there are no new posts to it (until this one).

by Xavor » 2006-08-26 07:10:18 #5393

Click "Forum" then "Mark Forums Read" (bottom right of page) 8P

by YBNVS » 2007-07-29 15:41:16 #5394

Players on this site post finishing game times in the seconds. Obviously they are manipulating the clock, cheating. Do they think they are fooling anyone? This site is also very slow. With high-speed internet access I don't see my moves until 15-20 seconds or more have passed. You can find much faster sites if you google "play solitaire".

by Barbara » 2007-07-31 17:43:40 #5395

This is absolutely my favorite site! Adam, you are the best! Keep up the excellent work!

by JBAMA1998 » 2007-07-31 07:55:52 #5396

YBNVS you are having problems with something other than the game itself. Maybe you should ask for help rather than being so negative and accusatory! This site is a lot of fun and the people here are awesome! No negativity allowed.

by quickclicks » 2007-07-31 08:43:57 #5397

Adam is YBNVS still a member or have you blocked them?

I can assure you that no one is cheating on this site, we work very hard to get the times we get, it takes a lot of practice, memorization, and hand eye cordination. Everyone on this site has respect for one another and wouldn't see the point in cheating, we all help each other out when we can.

As for the claim that this site is slow; one, just because you have high speed doesn't mean the site will go fast. The site is also reliant on the speed of your computer. If I use one of my older computers I can't get close to the speeds I get on one of my faster computers. Two right now Adam has already mentioned that he's going to be putting a heavy load on the servers for a bit. However, even though I have noticed a slowdown since the change over, it's not affecting my times, in fact I'm getting some of the best times I've gotten so far.

And to quote JBAMA1998 "This site is a lot of fun and the people here are awesome! No negativity allowed."

I agree 100%

by JBAMA1998 » 2007-08-01 06:37:58 #5398

Thanks for having my back quickclicks! I looked at YBNVS's profile and they have not even completed one game. Good riddance to negativity! Jealousy is a useless emotion!

by Adam Lyttle » 2007-08-01 12:19:55 #5399

Well, he posted here, so I will critique his game.. After visiting his site I noticed a few differences:

1. The focus is on the game, not on the community (I see names in the top 10 list but I don't know who they are.. for all I know they are computers playing the game).

2. The site has been designed as a stepping stone to get people purchasing his solitaire software. I don't know if he realizes that Solitaire is free on almost every computer! smile

3. What sort of a community would you be attracting by coming to competing sites and abusing users? People work hard getting good ranks and times on the Craving games, coming in here and saying otherwise doesn't really do any good.

4. The games are random. So it isn't a true representation of time or moves, it depends entirely on the cards you are dealt. Where the fairness in that?

5. The site requires flash. I'm not disputing his language of choice, instead I'm pointing out an irony in his logic -- Flash is inherently slowly than JavaScript on slower computers (especially graphic intensive games like his version of Solitaire).

6. The site is full of Google Ads (15 ads at last count).

There's my 2 cents anyway.

by JBAMA1998 » 2007-08-01 14:00:17 #5400

We all know where the best is Adam! I have not seen a site set up as well as this or that attracted the quality of players that this site does! I am a computer illiterate, but it is easy to see the all around quality of the craving sites!

by regina » 2007-11-11 12:24:49 #5401

I've never posted a reply to this site before but I love this site!

by Pilgrim15 » 2015-11-08 05:33:33 #9710

This is a very good site and I truly enjoy the time I spend each day working on the new game each morning first thing. I also go back and try to complete some of the older games from prior months or years which I have not yet completed. I do not see why anyone would complain about this site. It is very well managed and is entirely entertaining.