Menu

The Magical Door

by 57 Feral Cats » 2013-10-07 07:47:47 #5298

Greetings! In case you missed it when I posted this under the game on May 5, here is the link to a video that I finally got uploaded to my photobucket account. We call it "The Magical Door". If you are interested in seeing some of the kitties I have been taking care of all these years, try this link below. If you are asked for a password, it is: Magical (with a capital M). Once you click on the video, there is a description for the video right under it. Enjoy !! http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/OaktonFerals/library/The%20Magical%20Door

by zaphod » 2013-10-07 08:04:28 #9349

Thank you Susan: It is magical and truly MAGICAL smile (((((((Kitties and Susan)))))) smile

by zaphod » 2013-10-07 08:04:58 #9350

Thank you Susan: It is magical and truly MAGICAL smile (((((((Kitties and Susan)))))) smile

by 57 Feral Cats » 2013-10-07 08:12:51 #9351

Thank you, Zaphod !! That is really sweet and means a lot. smile smile I have eight or nine more of these -- different kitties, different songs. One of these days I hope to have them all on my website !

by King of Hearts » 2013-10-08 13:48:56 #9352

That is neat. We have a feral cat named Daisy Do. She used to be feral until my wife found her at a Roses parking lot. She was hissing at everyone. My wife has a way with animals. She took to her right away. My wife brought her home. It was supposed to be my wife's cat to replace the one that passed away after 13 years of living. I named our new arrival Daisy Do. She took to me more instead of my wife. She will give me cat baths if I let her. She would lick my neck, I thought it was cute at first, but I don't like it much now. She was very sick at first. My nursed her to good health. Daisy Do is quite the whiner. When my wife comes into our office, she will let out a whine of jealousy. If I go on a business trip, she will go to the window and look for me. She follows me all around the house. I think it is neat how cats develop personalities .

by veronicarose » 2013-10-11 07:48:22 #9353

Hi Susan. I watched your video. It was fascinating to see the cats peeping round the door and deciding whether to enter! The cats all looked so healthy and well cared-for. I loved hearing you welcome each one by name. Ann

by zaphod » 2013-10-11 10:38:53 #9354

@57 Feral Cats: I am a bit late in completing for you what I promised to do as I am still not on my feet. I promise you however that you shall hear from me in less than a week.

by 57 Feral Cats » 2013-10-11 16:52:06 #9355

Thanks, Ann ! It is always interesting to get impressions from people seeing it for the first time ! You have been quiet during the games or I just have not been playing when you were. Missed your comments ! ~ Zaphod, are you not well ? I am sorry. So do not worry and just take your time ! smile

by veronicarose » 2013-10-11 17:57:20 #9356

Thanks, Susan. I have been busy with teaching and concerts recently and haven't had the time and concentration to play much. I do come on the site sometime every day and read the posts but sometimes only try the game one or twice. I'm usually on at the same time as you if I play about 11-11.30 pm here which is not always sensible! smile

by zaphod » 2013-10-11 14:38:22 #9357

Thank you both Ann and Susan. I am not too well, but it is nothing unusual. I only cannot get out of the house and living in an isolated rural area this is a great handicap as everything is miles away. My wife is marvelous and she truly nurses me back to health. Today is seemingly a good day and I intend to be at the clinic. I am probably missed by my clients as I have not had a clinic since the middle of September and I am sure that there are a few in the area needing help.Thank you smile

by gkquick » 2013-10-23 12:28:37 #9358

Awesome!!!!!!

by 57 Feral Cats » 2013-10-25 09:44:35 #9359

@gkquick, Thanks !!!!

by donnamusica » 2013-11-12 13:22:59 #9360

Oh haven't looked here in ages...so glad you posted it here now. I can get my fix whenever I need it now. lol smile

by donnamusica » 2013-11-12 13:27:42 #9361

Rats, I can't find it. sad

by 57 Feral Cats » 2013-11-13 09:46:34 #9362

Donna, I tried an older link and it went through but showed up as the following link. http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/OaktonFerals/library/The%20Magical%20Door?sort=3&page=1

by 57 Feral Cats » 2013-11-13 09:39:48 #9363

Donna, I was just able to access the link. I do not know what to tell you. sad When I have time, I will also have to post the video of Dakota, the Hugging Cat !!

by donnamusica » 2013-11-13 12:22:31 #9364

thanks Susan... that's beautiful. Such lovely cats..how could anyone abandon them. I'll never get it. The little feral cat that I call Bella, who I have been feeding for over 2 years...she was with Tippy when I first met him on our back deck. Well she hasn't been for almost 2 months now and she was in sad shape when she came last time and stayed 24 hours on the deck. I thought at the time that she was saying good bye and I guess she was. Miss her so much and so does Tippy. They always rubbed noses as soon as they met. Tippy couldn't abide any other cats but they had been "travelling together" a long time. I don't know how you do it and keep your sanity. I am so heart broken.I will be happy to watch Dakota again..thank you!!

by 57 Feral Cats » 2013-11-13 12:25:38 #9365

Donna, I am so sorry about Bella. I certainly understand how that tears at your heart. It makes me sad as well. I am heartbroken over every single one that I lose. I am down to 25 kitties now.

by donnamusica » 2013-11-13 13:57:47 #9366

that is such a huge loss. But with age and a hard life on their own often a long time before you rescue them, I guess to be expected but unbearable to accept I am sure. I really don't know how you can take that much heartache and I know you don't get used to it. You are braver than I. I am trying not to notice strays now and luckily there haven't been as many this year. Your kitties must all be sad, too..each time. I know Tippy has had a complete personality change since Bella disappeared. He is always angry. He doesn't watch from the windows upstairs when he is in now either...he knows she isn't there. He attacks all the other neighbourhood cats and not as affectionate with me. He's been better since I got home from hospital. I guess it scared him when I disappeared..but I hate for him to be scared like that and don't plan a return there to get him to sleep on my bed again!!!!