Menu

I am missing

by dogsitter » 2013-05-17 11:06:40 #5280

"I know what you're thinkin'. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?" So she writes ...I think she may need help . But I don't know what to do .

by veronicarose » 2013-05-19 13:23:01 #7901

@dogsitter I wouldn't worry. This is a famous quote from a Clint Eastwood film. I just interpret it as someone thinking 'Do I feel lucky to solve this hard game?'. Franco and others frequently quote bits of songs that I don't recognise and don't seem relevant to the game, probably just because they like them. We all have different cultural backgrounds, which makes it interesting, but sometimes confusing.

by Lavendar » 2013-05-19 13:31:51 #7902

That sounds like good hard sense, Veronicarose.

by IamMissing » 2013-05-22 08:12:07 #7903

i used this quote cuz the game on that day was really frustrating for me..and i went into the game feeling lucky and after x amount of attempts i didn't feel so lucky...and the line from the move came to mind...i guess we all have different degrees of humour.

by dphifer » 2013-05-23 10:32:15 #7904

IamMissing, Dogsitter may not have seen that movie. She was just concerned about you and wanting to find out how she might help you. Actually, even though I have seen the movie, after I read what Dogsitter wrote, I became concerned about you. That is why I commented toward the end of that game to you. I asked if you were still on here because I wanted to make sure you were okay. You have mentioned some of your problems on SC and we were just worried if you meant something else by using that quote. Please do not take it as anything but concern for a fellow SC!

by IamMissing » 2013-08-01 17:33:01 #7905

Hi dphifer...how kind of you to write on this comment. man..with my ADHD i seldom think about the forum and i just read someone from today's game wrote on the forum which prompted me to check out the forum right now..and i ran across my own comment from months ago. I talk about my experiences here on SC with Dr Paniotte one of my 4 therapists. He suggested that I don't get too bogged down with how i'm mistreated here on SC. He suggested its not the place for me to go into the myriad of all my psychological problems...and not to hold a gun to some retired person here who claims to have worked with special needs children...he suggested that perhaps she or he was so burned out from their 'career' that understanding my background would take too much effort on their part and would not be most likely where they would want to spend their energies...tho i mentioned to Dr P that it was this person who had poisoned the water against me on SC so to say...again he said that if this person was the last person on earth would i need their permission to survive...no...his main point was to move on...as we continue new therapies, new meds, and new inroads that are blocking me from getting back to me. i sort of live in third person. i create characters for me to portray so i don't have to show the world me...the one that is racked with mental pains and anguishes. PTSD,child hood molestation,sexual abuse as a kid, a quad as a father, absentee as he was while in the hospital for 7 yrs and then Viet Nam..have all taken their toll on my psyche and Dr P would rather have me concentrate how far i have improved vs the alternative. i was suicidal for years and it still looms large that one day i will do myself in from despair and loneliness. Dr P and I also talk about how good looking ppl are expected to have all the answers or be able to solve their problems that i dunno i get the feeling that because one is good looking they are exempt from problems and other life issues...its like being wealthy...its not the panacea for life...all i find money does is it creates lots of comfort for if it could buy happiness i suspect it would of been my first purchase. im generous to a fault. i can't give enuf of my time and money to those in true need..that stranger in distress and i do it i guess selfishly hoping that God smiles upon me and blesses me down the road. Well...i guess that is enuf...and if there is anyone that thinks i owe them apology...well OK..im sorry...just as I am sorry I have blue eyes, a big smile. I can't not wish any of u to understand my illness but I don't expect to be treated like a pyuria. In the past i find that most of the SC board ppl have treated me in such an unconscionable way that i find it ironic that they all claim to support the troops and all claim to be good Christians....it has given me pause, and up until now i have said nothing for far be it for me to cast the first stone. thank you leelamaria, dphifer, veronicarose and dogsitter...all of u have been more than generous with you kind words, and help...and all of u have touched my heart and my Our Lord Bless your hearts...thank you again, Robb