Menu

CAST IRON SKILLET FOLLOW UP

by lovemycat11 » 2012-07-18 17:58:16 #5121

LAST NIGHT I USED MY NEW SKILLET FOR BAKED CHICKEN TENDERLOIN CHICKEN FINGERS.... THEY DID NOT STICK AND WERE DELISH... MY PAN IS GETTING A GREAT SEASONED LAYER AND I AM GOING TO MAKE FRIED CHICKEN NEXT...I HAVE NOT COOKED TOO MUCH SINCE MY KIDS LEFT HOME... AND NOW THAT IM RETIRED I AM ENJOYING THE KITCHEN WORK A BIT MORE... HAVE A GREAT DAY YOU ALL....

by TupperwareHappy » 2012-07-19 14:10:16 #7266

Send some fried chicken my way... I can not remember the last time I had some!

by lovemycat11 » 2012-07-19 16:27:29 #7267

this was the first time for us in a loooooong time as well.... the fried chicken came out crispy and delish but 30 min by the hot stove and lots of oil was not worth the effort.... it will be a blue moon before i make it again.... oh well ....

by TupperwareHappy » 2012-07-21 13:23:42 #7268

I cook (almost) everything in the microwave or out on the BBQ in the summer. I can not STAND standing by a hot stove. NOOOO! LOL I'm glad you enjoyed your chicken! Allow me to live vicariously by asking - what were your side dishes?

by lovemycat11 » 2012-07-21 07:22:06 #7269

i made salad with an asian dressing i cant get enough of and corn on the cob as the sides... the salad dressing i make at home every few days.... cole slaw would have been great as well but i didnt have the cabbage....im having fun cooking a few days of the week as i am retired,,,,, i dont get enough of saying im retired.... wooo hoooo!!!!!the dressing recipe i got from the internet... its the copy of one from the cheese cake factory restaurant....if you want let me know and ill post it here....