Menu

La-Di-Da! Thread

by Molly Moon » 2007-09-16 08:10:22 #4913

Hey everyone,
It seems as though the forums have become a bit secretive lately. (or maybe I'm just not part of the secrets...) LOL! But anyways, just wanted to create a new thread with a bit of a hazy subject. Singing! I've always loved singing, and wanted to share my experiences with you. So if you have any special, exciting, (of our favorite oneswink embarassing; feel free to jot them down here. I'd love to hear them! ;-)

by Molly Moon » 2008-01-01 09:50:39 #6300

I was a voice major in college. I had a huge solo in our college group, which was in Spanish. It was a new piece written by a South American composer, who happened to be in the audience that night. I blanked on the words. But, I know enough Spanish and had had enough vocal training to just keep going, throwing the correct words in, when I could No one knew, except the rest of the choir, who had their music in front of them (I did not), the conductor, and the composer. My mom said I did a great job and then I told her I didn't sing the right words. She had no idea. The sad thing is, I have always been horrible about memorizing songs in other languages, so I have often had to make up the words as I go. I'm really good at it in French!

Yeah, I've had quite a few experiences with forgetting words like that. Really annoying, but whatever. You're red in the face that entire night and then everything starts to just ease over. lol

Well everyone at church tells me that I can sing and have been pestering me for the past year to sing on the choir but I can't read music and although I love to sing but don't know how good or bad I am...so I am afraid to sing on the choir!

I'm sure you have a beautiful voice! You should really give it some thought to try out! My dad told me once that a church is the easiest to sing in front of because they won't give you horribly horrible critisism. (did I spell that right?)

Thanks for posting a reply for this thread guys; you're the first. Wow....that's really depressing.

by chilliemander » 2007-09-18 13:07:06 #6301

I was a voice major in college. I had a huge solo in our college group, which was in Spanish. It was a new piece written by a South American composer, who happened to be in the audience that night. I blanked on the words. But, I know enough Spanish and had had enough vocal training to just keep going, throwing the correct words in, when I could No one knew, except the rest of the choir, who had their music in front of them (I did not), the conductor, and the composer. My mom said I did a great job and then I told her I didn't sing the right words. She had no idea. The sad thing is, I have always been horrible about memorizing songs in other languages, so I have often had to make up the words as I go. I'm really good at it in French!

by Dee » 2007-09-20 09:01:46 #6302

Well everyone at church tells me that I can sing and have been pestering me for the past year to sing on the choir but I can't read music and although I love to sing but don't know how good or bad I am...so I am afraid to sing on the choir!

by markyD » 2008-01-28 08:36:32 #6303

my wife tells me that i should always sing solo,
so low that no one can hear me LOL

by Molly Moon » 2008-02-03 14:27:35 #6304

lolz