Menu

Cagey

by Cagey » 2006-08-29 15:51:30 #4823

Hi all....Like some others, I became addicted to Solitaire Craving after first starting with Sudoku and now Solitaire is much my favorite. I live in Loveland, Colorado, in the shadow of Long's Peak and Rocky Mountain National Park. I still work full time at the Post Office in Loveland but may have to retire soon so I can spend more time playing solitaire. I have five grown kids scattered out from here to Alaska. I grew up in Kansas, SuzyQ, and went to three different colleges there at one time or another. My only "roommate" now is my Basenji, Kapo. That's the African Barkless dog. My other passion is the minor league ice hockey team that plays in Loveland, the Colorado Eagles. Glad to get a little acquainted with you all through this thread.

by SuzyQ » 2006-09-10 07:50:20 #5852

Where did you grow up in KS, when, and what colleges did you attend? I had one of those "small world" experiences at my high school reunion in PA. As I just happened to sit next to the wife of one of my classmates, I learned she was born in Topeka, her dad was in the military and she traveled all over the world, but always spent her summers in Holton, and also several years there (just after my husband and I had moved to CA). Her mother and grandmother still live there. My husband's parents lived in Holton for many years and one of his sisters now lives in their home. The great great grandfather of the woman I met founded the church at which some best friends of my husband were baptized and attended. Both families remember each other but never really socialized due to the age differences.