Menu

on emm

by emm » 2006-08-22 16:12:27 #4782

Hey everyone,
I am a 53 year old game girl who, like @Saam is addicted to this game! I am an artist by trade but I'm ready to quit if I can figure out how to make a living playing solitaire.

by Adam Lyttle » 2006-08-22 16:23:07 #5652

Welcome @emm smile

Is your avatar one of your paintings?

I have a confession to make, in the commentaries forum I referred to you as a he, not a she. Sorry! I came to the conclusion after seeing your email address.

by emm » 2006-08-22 16:04:24 #5653

Yes, that is one of my little paintings. I live in Arizona and I paint the big sky but I also do other things whenever I get inspired. Thanks for the game, I love it and the stats. It's all fun and the site just keeps getting better!

by Adam Lyttle » 2006-08-23 17:05:52 #5654

I like it smile

by emm » 2006-08-29 14:19:45 #5655

Sunday, August 27th, was a dark day so I gave my avatar a make over. I used one of my daughter's paintings ( I come from a whole family of artists ) It's totally me. Two cups of coffee and a new solitaire game = happiness!

by SuzyQ » 2006-09-10 07:29:49 #5656

So the darling dog was painted by your daughter??? What was your avatar before the dog? I can't remember. I want to travel in Arizona and Mexico before I get too old to do so. I'm afraid I'll go nuts over all of the Native American art, though, and will have to have a little spending money to purchase at least a few items. I don't buy too much any more, as I'm trying to size down on collectibles, but there are always a few irresistible things. Fortunately (or unfortunately!) many are always out of my price range, so that makes the irresistible resistible! My husband was a full-blooded Prairie Band Potawatomi Indian, and we went to powwows when we could. I always browse Indian stores, too, on my travels.

I've collected a lot of fish and other sea life art on my trips to Hawaii, Florida, and Mexico, as well as here in CA. Some I have displayed, and others I will display as soon as I get settled where I plan to spend the last third of my life! My house will be really "fishy!" Of course, I'll still have to have my Native American room or area.

by Dee » 2006-09-13 09:54:00 #5657

Oh Emm!...I can't stop laughing at your entry on the story game. It's sooo funny! Dee

by Adam Lyttle » 2006-09-13 13:32:28 #5658

I love your avatar @Dee smile

by emm » 2006-09-13 15:42:08 #5659

@SuzyQ, if you come to AZ I would love to meet you. I'm getting attached to everyone who is a regular on this site. My daughter did the painting for my avatar, we need to get an avatar for you. Hmmm, we will have to think about how we can do that. I would put my website address on my profile but it makes me a little nervous, I'm new to this meeting people online thing, I don't know if it's safe. Maybe, Adam, you could advise me, do you think it's not a big deal?

@Dee, I love your avatar too, I cracked up! You hang with some cool cats!

by Adam Lyttle » 2006-09-13 15:44:27 #5660

Instead of publicising your contact details on the forum give me some time and I'll have a private message feature. That means you can contact @Dee directly. Anything said in a private message will remain private.

by emm » 2006-09-13 15:55:49 #5661

Totally cool, Adam, I'm beginning to think you can make anything happen!

by SuzyQ » 2006-09-13 17:49:08 #5662

Yes, Adam's skills and desires to create a fun place for people to meet new friends and play a challenging game are so very much appreciated. (One of my goals is to try to keep my aging brain sharp until I'm at least 91 (like my dad's still was when he died last year at that age.) I already feel like we've known each other for years, emm, and I certainly would like to meet you when I get to AZ. I'm brave about giving out my email address, but fully understand why you might not want to do so. After becoming a widow at 54, I used several singles matching sites to meet possible new friends and/or partners. Sure, I connected with a few strange ones, but fortunately had my womanly instinct to help me keep out of any big trouble. People are not always honest and up front about their motives, so it IS wise to be a little cautious. I guess my adventurous spirit has come out as I've gotten older, although my mother once called me the "wanderer" years ago. Compared to my stay at home, stay to themselves parents, and even my brother and sister, I guess she was right. Anyway, we can wait until Adam does some more work on the site to let us get better acquainted.

by SuzyQ » 2006-09-13 17:57:13 #5663

I'm planning to use one of my photographs for my avatar, but I haven't had time to figure out how to do it yet. I don't know how to make it acceptably smaller. When I was on the singles meeting sites, I never could get a picture posted, because what I sent was always too big. I would have to connect with someone and email them a picture directly if they had enough space to receive my big as life (ha ha) picture!

by Stacy G » 2006-09-13 11:52:16 #5664

Dee? Another option until private messages are up and running is setting up a free e-mail account- Yahoo & Google's Gmail are the 2 I use. That was you can list it on the forums and no one can track you through your website. And if you get a ton of freaks e-mailing you, it's no issue to delete it or never log in.

by Adam Lyttle » 2006-09-13 14:38:18 #5665

In the meantime I can give you each others email address. Just as long as you both agree to it.

by emm » 2006-09-13 16:31:52 #5666

Adam, you can give @SuzyQ my email address.

@SuzyQ, if you have any kind of photo imaging program on your computer, you should be able to crop your image to a square, then go to image size on the menu bar and resize your image to 65 X 65 pixels and resave it to a folder on your computer. Then you can hit the browse button from your profile page here, look for your folder with the image on your computer, it uploads to this space and there you are!

by Adam Lyttle » 2006-09-13 16:47:19 #5667

@emm - Done and done.

by SuzyQ » 2006-09-14 17:16:31 #5668

Thanks, emm, for the lowdown on loading my image. I actually should be able to do it when I have time, without wasting a lot of time.

by emm » 2006-09-14 06:20:51 #5669

Thanks Adam!
I don't know if people realize they can right click on @Dee 's avatar and get a drop down menu, go to view image and see her avatar up close. It's a crack up!