Menu

by PaBaldy » 2014-04-28 00:59:54 #9578

[font=Arial]I haven't been playing much due to scheduling but have a few minutes to spare so I thought I would give MHO on the new game. There are some issues. I expected there would be. I have 3 browsers open and the game logged in on each. IE, Firefox and Chrome, all with the latest versions. I expect that's what the boys are working with, the latest versions. BTW all 3 work adequately. IE seems the best so far quite quick on the playup. I don't fully understand the scoring or how 1 or more players end up with so few moves. Bottom line is I think this is fine and I will continue playing "The New Game" and hopefully supply the techs with some constructive information to help them to create a site to be proud of. After all I have been provided with all these great games and wonderful people for lo these many years and all they ever asked from me was that I have fun and please click on an ad now and then[/font]

Game appearance

by fizzbut » 2014-04-29 18:15:07 #9582

A couple things I've observed from the old game and the new as far as appearance. The old game I believe was a little more compact, mostly the cards under the columns. This is I think better for mobile devices with smaller screens. The other thing is the background. I know you're trying to give the site a little fancier appearance but the plain background for me contrasts the cards better and is easier on the eyes.

subject Old Game Format

by harleyman » 2014-04-29 20:17:24 #9583

What happened to the link to play the old format ?

subject Is there a bug in the counting system?

by fizzbut » 2014-05-04 05:23:43 #9596

There's been a little bit of discussion about the lowest moves numbers and the different way this new system counts moves. What I'm finding strange is the lowest moves seem unusually low and many of us who found lowest moves on the old system often can't come even close to the lowest moves being shown. It seems it's a group of the same people who find these low moves. I don't think any one of these have found a way to cheat. Rather, I was wondering if for certain systems or browsers could there be a bug that is not counting all the moves. It definitely affects the game because there is almost no comments about reaching lowest moves as there was with the old game which tends to make me think that I'm not the only one who thinks there is a bug. It would be nice Igor if you guys could let us know if you've checked this out. Thanks!

subject

by Di » 2014-05-27 22:56:31 #9610

I agree with Pa, constructive suggestions have worked so far and we should continue to give them. Griping isn't specific enough. The improvements made so far have made a world of difference since the day we awoke to the new game. Thanks guys.

What fizzbut said about the low moves is a valid suggestion. If management could let us know if it's about the browsers and if it's being looked at, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your hard work. smile

subject Move count

by Di » 2014-06-02 22:26:18 #9613

Would it be possible for us to have an explanation on the move count on the new game? Should we play cards up, across, or bring down for lowest moves. No-one is sure anymore. Please help! unsure