Menu

Baloney

by IamMissing » 2013-12-01 17:18:32 #5301

I was trying to find on the net some of Adam Emory Albrights paints of my dad. all i have is the Warrenville Historical and Museum Guild. In 2009 they brought in any Albright painting from private collectors for the exhibit and many art gallery's around the country loaned their paintings as well for the exhibt. The front cover of the brochure is of my dad and his long time boyhood friend John Mount and their names are liste under the picture that reappears on page 4. I am told that dad received 25 cents per painting and i suspect it was a lot of money for a poor lil kid who did not have a mom or dad and being reared by his widow grandmother. I will post the baloney paintings of my dad as soon as one, i can get my scanner to work two, find the pic on the net...the pic im referring to is own by Jody Mount and she now lives in AZ. Jody was my sister's age I just know of her but i recall she was just salt of the earth person like her mom. While its been quite sometime since i have had any baloney sandwiches i suspect 50 yrs or so, I will post what i find and hope that we can all you nerdowells who have a longing to throw knives and daggars at me will find i don't throw back. its way beneath what i do to get my revenge. i just come the back up facts. the title of the brochure is Warrenville 'The Albrights' kind of town.

by harleyman » 2013-12-01 17:36:26 #9371

Looking forward to the postings Rob...smile

by IamMissing » 2013-12-02 10:45:28 #9372

doggone..i was a bit upset today and while scanning i didn't notice the scanner was on the camera and not the scanner. so its working and i have taken the scan of the brochure and have emailed it to you. should u feel so inspired to share with the idiots who rate my comments as baloney or funny..if u feel like shoving this down their friggen throats with no hope for air for them...have at it...and man are u terrific thanks a million. robb i was at my brothers home a few mins ago and they have one of the emory albright paintings my sister in law said that a old time resident of warrenville and also a retired Postmaster for the US Post Office was over at the house early today and the first thing he noticed was the Albright painting (its a huge painting) and he said..well that is Swede no doubt about it. there is a date question in the brochure having a guess i guess that it was 1922. well john mount and dad are about 6 in the painting so the year is off. anyway, dad hangs in the art institute of chicago in the albright gallery along with many other local kids of the day. adam/emory painted dad and melvin i think did the famous dorian grey painting.