Menu

problems with cards sticking

by King of Hearts » 2013-02-25 14:55:52 #5259

BOC This is in response to the comments you left on Sunday Feb. 24, I guess that would be on this site Monday 25 ? Anyhow, I found out that version 19 of Firefox is having problems crashing. Before I downloaded this version, I wasn't having any problem at all, except with my flash player that was crashing . That issue has been resolved . Today I just downloaded version 17 of Firefox. I will leave updates on how this is working. I find that Firefox is more responsive for trying to get low times. This is just my experience on my computer. I am also a novice. So take all this with a grain of salt. I figured this might help someone else who is experiencing similar problems. I own a Compaq Presario CQ58 notebook with Windows 8. I am sure there are some computer savvy folks here in our community that could help and leave some comments as well. I tried Google Chrome the other day, and my cards were sticking. This could be the load on the server. Just a hunch. Blessings !

by Irishp » 2013-03-02 07:23:29 #7752

Thanks to King of Hearts for posting why the cards may be sticking. I'll have to observe this over time and work with the versions.

by King of Hearts » 2013-03-02 13:31:46 #7753

by King of Hearts » 2013-03-02 13:40:05 #7754

Here is an update. I downloaded Aurora, version 17 which works with Firefox on updates. Didn't experience one crash. The next day, version 21.0a2 was released. I received that as an update. I crashed twice that day. The day after that I kept crashing when I was on facebook. I viewed microsoft's report on my crash. The report stated it was a mini-memory dump. I have been sending feedback to firefox, so they can keep working on these issues. Stay tuned for further details. Still works well for solitaire. Very responsive. Prior to all this with version 19, I was crashing every couple of minutes. Much better now.