Menu

by donnamusica » 2013-01-21 14:50:35 #7679

I think too, he feels as he is already dickering with the program to make it compatible with ipad etc...he might as well address any changes we might feel are important. He isn't doing it for the sake of making changes.

by fizzbut » 2013-01-22 14:56:07 #7680

Well then perhaps it's just a matter of changing the multiplier on the moves score. I believe Adam already put in a double score for moves in the scoring. I believe scores are a factor based on averages. At first time and moves were counted equally because Adam discovered that the average time was very close to the average moves so he felt they got equal weight. However the best times can go much lower then the lowest moves relative to the average so it was easier to make more points getting better times. The double was used to equalize the difference. If we want moves to count more perhaps it can be changed to triple. IF it can be done simply without making a major change to the system.

by Joseph » 2013-01-22 13:52:31 #7681

Why not reverse the scoring having moves as the primary ranking with speed the index for ties within the moves count. Simpler to do then any weighting

by fizzbut » 2013-01-22 16:28:04 #7682

Interesting @Joseph. That would require speedsters to find the lowest moves to make their speed count. Not knowing what the current formula is, I suppose that would definitely require a total revamping of the scoring.

by NORAD ONE » 2013-01-24 18:32:42 #7683

Like most of the others would prefer more weight to low moves and less weight to low times.

by Di » 2013-01-24 12:48:28 #7684

I agree. I rarely get lowest moves and never get lowest times, but I think lowest moves is more of an achievement. I vote for lowest moves being more heavily weighted for ranking. I also request that the apostrophe problem be repaired if at all possible.

by qhermit » 2013-02-06 14:16:04 #7685

typadelic MC make hard because there in the code cesspit. It's very confusing. Maybe then we come to the MC.

by qhermit » 2013-02-06 14:17:08 #7686

Hello. This site is not done very carefully. Code is all messed up and not the owner of the code difficult to understand! Easier to make a new code. Game that it was supported by the iPad, too, need to make a new script.

by qhermit » 2013-02-06 14:19:32 #7687

CS will be remade completely! Will be completely rewritten everything creaks game. The rating will be redone. It will be a new design that supports adding comments without refreshing the page, and other little things. The game will be completely changed. Old games will remain in the old design, and will be archived. Participate in the rating will have only new games.

by qhermit » 2013-02-06 14:19:48 #7688

May be made more application iOS and Android. Ie that would play no need to play through the site, and can be played through the app. All ratings will be transferred to the site.

by qhermit » 2013-02-06 14:20:02 #7689

fizzbut, can you help. Who is the most difficult rating. You need to decide how and how much to charge balls.

by qhermit » 2013-02-06 14:20:21 #7690

I think there should be two rankings: 1) The total of all the games. Because of the load on the server, and large amounts of records in the database. This rating may be accumulated. And a new player to the site goto playing old games to dial the same number of ratings will not. A will receive only one example on the ball for what was playing. In the top of the previous games, he will not be exposed!

by qhermit » 2013-02-06 14:20:38 #7691

2) Last 30 games. How will the do not know yet)

by qhermit » 2013-02-06 14:20:48 #7692

Star I think there are also two kinds accumulated from past games and monthly.

by qhermit » 2013-02-06 14:20:56 #7693

Fizzbut from you or you can discuss everything and to be determined in the number of points to be awarded for 1st place, for the second and so on. For 50th place in 1500, or the place. If a person was in the ranking of the top 10 and then it was dismissed as then award points.

by qhermit » 2013-02-06 14:21:05 #7694

I think for the amount of movement will be charged twice, and for the speed in half. Number of games played on the number of moves you can not take. Because that will make the two accounts will understand how and when to pass will pass on the first try with a different name on the site.

by MagicMargaret » 2013-02-06 14:57:30 #7695

Because I'm fast, you might suspect that I like the scoring system the way it is. But I'll be happy with whatever.

by TKO » 2013-02-06 16:06:41 #7696

My 4 suggestions: 1. Have stars for fewest moves rather than lower time as playing on different devices can affect how long each move takes. 2. Have the ability to edit a post by the individual submitting that post, which would be really helpful for those with typing problems. 3. Change the ratings to reflect the type of post it is: News - that the poster can rank for comments not related to the playing of the game, Hints- that the poster can rank for clues that someone has found to help solve the game, Helpful - that others can rank as a way to thank the one who posted the hints, Update- for when a poster finds a better way to play and just wants to update it, Misleading- that others can rank when a comment seems to be inappropriate and this, in turn, alerts others to watch the one doing the posting and triggers a warning to the poster that if that person's posts continue to be inappropriate, a request to the Administrator can then be made to block that person from posting in the future. 4. Tweak the coding in the postings so that we eliminate those pesky glitches that make some characters change appearance, such as the problem with apostraphes.

by CtownChris » 2013-02-06 17:09:52 #7697

For the most part I agree with Fizz on just about everything. Unfortunately because of a program that allows speed to be manipulated it just seems unfair to those of us who just have good eye/hand coordination and take the time to play multiple games for a faster time. Now I seldom chose to play for low moves. That is my choice and what I prefer. If 10 people can get low moves yet only one or two players can get low time what is more relevant? Answer- neither, they are both relevant to the player. I imagine once the cards piles are all exposed someone can write a program that will automatically produce the low moves for the player. It will come some day I am sure and we will be in the same boat using artificial intelligence to play a game instead of skill. I wish the game was able to identify those users of programs to enhance time or moves. We freely give hints to anyone who wants to read them on lower moves. I read them and use them to lower my moves a few notches. Then go back to work on speed. If there was no chat to give hints how many of use could find the low moves on our own? Really I do not care and will cont to play as I always have, at least for now. Maybe someday I will switch my focus to low moves. I like to see my face in the top 8. Maybe we could expand it to top 10?

by kenright » 2013-02-06 17:56:32 #7698

Thank you Yuriy for your ideas. You seem to be very thorough. I agree that the source code might have been difficukt to retrieve and also it is easier to write a new code than to try to correct the code of an other programnmer. I like your ideas of rewriting and creating a new game. I personally don't care about mobile devices but some want it and if you can adapt your new game to such it wil be appreciated by them. As I said to you before. I like Google as a platform rather than Firefox, but I am sure if yiu will write a new game it will be compatible with either. It is important that it will be compatible with 64 bits as most newer browsers have difficulties withy 32 bit aps.. Thank you Yuriy.