Menu

Glass Blowing

by kanguro azzuro » 2012-08-21 15:37:55 #5210

I have just now become a fan of "hamlette" - she is interested in heating glass over a flame and then making objects from it - My very 1st job was a junior glass blower - Oh boy was it a hot job - Even though I was very good at it - the 1st 2 weeks of learning was very painful - my left hand was burnt to almost a cinder and I had cuts all over my legs from the hot pipe and the broken glass. As a 16 yr old, I was on a higher pay than my Dad - Eventually I got to love the artistic side of it - making coloured fish - ash trays etc.. on the side of course - I wonder if anyone out ther as ever had an unusual job like I did - Please tell me all about it -

by lovemycat11 » 2012-08-22 12:44:13 #7377

no nothing weird as far as jobs are concerned with me.... but being a dental hygienist for 40 years you see all kinds of weird both in people and the mouths.... and i tell ya there are no weirder people than dentists!!!!!! have a great evening!!!!!

by chickenquilter » 2012-08-28 12:14:00 #7378

LOL! I was a dental assistant and office manager for years and I have to agree. Dentists do have a whacky side. I now am a professional quilter, allows me to be as creative as I want, and is the best job I have ever had, tho the money is tough. Just the same, I love it!